Caravan Park Pet Policy
Port Germein Caravan Park is a pet friendly park. To ensure the enjoyment and comfort of all park patrons the Pet Policy must be adhered to by all pet owners.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Two (2) pets per site are permitted at the Park Managers discretion.
- Pets must be fully vaccinated, wormed, de-fleaed and registered.
- Pets are welcome on camp sites but are strictly forbidden to enter any common area including reception, amenities blocks, camp kitchen, BBQ areas, crab cooking area.
- No pets permitted in cabins or on cabin verandahs at any time. Failure to observe this rule may render the guest subject to immediate eviction without refund. Cleaning costs may apply.
- Park washing machines, laundry trough and driers may not be used for washing pet bedding.
- Park laundry and ablution facilities are out of bounds to all pets at all times and under no circumstances may they be used for bathing pets.
- No pet may be left unattended at any time. Please take your pet out with you if you leave the park.
- All dogs and cats must be kept on a leash and under strict control at all times whilst in the park. Maximum length of lead whilst in park is 2 metres.
- Pet owners must clean up immediately after their pet. Please remove left over pet food, collect and wrap droppings and place in a rubbish bin. Doggy bags are provided for your convenience and located behind the Crab Shack.
- Barking dogs can detract from the enjoyment of other park patrons. Please attempt to keep your dog quiet. Constant barking or howling cannot be tolerated and may result in eviction with no refund.
It is a condition of entry that pet owners abide by the Port Germein Caravan Park Pet Policy and agree Park Managers reserve the right to evict (without refund) any guests who fails to observe the Pet Policy rules or whose pet is deemed noisy, disruptive, aggressive or the subject of a complaint/s from other guests.
Certified assistance dogs are exempt from the park pet policy as per the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth) (DDA) section 9 (c). A copy of this is available from the office if required.
In accordance with ‘prescribed breeds’ listed in the Dog and Cat Management Act 1995, at all times the following dog breeds are not permitted in the park:
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- Fila Braziliero
- Japanese Tosa
- Dogo Argentinia